What is EpiFix?
EpiFix is a dehydrated human amnion/chorion membrane allograft. The product is available in sheet and particulate configurations in a variety of sizes to reduce wastage.
A Protective Barrier that Supports the Healing Cascade
- A semi-permeable protective barrier that supports the healing cascade
- Protects the wound bed to aid in the development of granulation tissue
- Provides a human biocompatible extracellular matrix
Retains Regulatory Proteins
300+ regulatory proteins1-3
- SMR2T™ Technology and patented Purion® processing
- Terminally sterilized for additional level of safety
- Easy to apply
- Room temperature storage
- 5-year shelf life
- Compatible with negative pressure wound therapy (NPWT) and hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBO)
Clinical Uses Examples
- Comorbid patients with complex defects or delayed healing
- Diabetic foot ulcers (DFUs)
- Venous leg ulcers (VLUs)
- Decubitus ulcers
EpiFix is processed using Purion, a unique patented method for placental-based allografts that is in accordance with the American Association of Tissue Banks (AATB) standards. The product is derived from donated C-sections of live births in the US. The product undergoes active preservation of the extracellular matrix (ECM), regulatory proteins, and removal of blood contaminants via a proprietary cleansing process. For an additional level of safety, the product is terminally sterilized.
EpiFix is SMR2T Technology (Selective Membrane of Reparative and Reconstructive Tissue) which provides a semi-permeable protective barrier that supports the healing cascade. The product protects the wound bed to aid in the development of granulation tissue and provides a human biocompatible extracellular matrix that retains 300+ regulatory proteins.1-3
Contact us for more information about EpiFix
EpiFix HOPD & WCC
EpiFix Physician Office